Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Binod Representing Nepal

Hi, I am Binod Giri. I come from one of the remote parts of Nepal. As everyone has their own story to tell, I too have one. It was beyond my imagination to come to study in Kathmandu, let alone in USA. But as I kept expecting better of myself every time, I managed to pursue one of the best destinations for my education. I am typically interested in helping so many others back in my country, who have been forced to remain poor due to social, economic and political obligations. I really want to help them solve their hand-to-mouth problems and raise themselves so that they can see what actually is going on around the world.
To some extent, the condition in Haiti, Nepal and some African countries are comparable. There are so many other people in the world living pathetic lives. It is our responsibility to help them in what way is possible. Unless we employ some energy efficient and cost efficient technologies, eliminating poverty from the earth will take long decades, almost without an end. I want  to actually create something by the end of this year that I can proudly say 'I am at least one step up the ladder towards my goal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment