Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reid's introduction

Hello, my name is Reid Atkinson. I am from a town in Western Massachusetts, called Northampton, located 20 minutes away from Springfield, MA. My whole life I have grown up surrounded by people in the middle and upper class. I have not been exposed to as much poverty as many other people which is why I am determined to do something about it. I feel as though too much time has gone by without getting involved and helping these people living in such poverty. I had traveled to Mexico when I was twelve years old , and that was the first time I had encountered poverty first hand. It was such a shocking and horrific sight to see so many people living extremely difficult lives without even having the basic essentials of life. There are so many things that we can, must do to help these people. I am confident and enthusiastic that our class will do great things to help these people in desperation. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment