Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tinashe's introduction

Hello my name is Tinashe chidziva and I am from Harare, Zimbabwe. (Zimbabwe is a small country in the southern tip of the African continent, right above South Africa, the country that held the world cup in 2010)

I went to school in Zimbabwe and South Africa and in my time at school I was exposed to poverty and how it affects everyday life. I interacted with people who lived in homes made out of scrap metal sheets and discarded plastic(known as shacks), people who literally lived in the bush and families that would go fr days without food.

Seeing such extreme poverty I felt that I had to do something. It is through this passion that I hope to come up with sustainable, cost effective and appropriate solutions to help eradicate poverty in my lifetime.

I hope to be dazzled and amazed by my own and my classmates creativity throughout this semester; and with some determination come up with a tangible solution for a real community.

No comments:

Post a Comment