Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hi guys, my name is Zander Rosenbluth. I'm from Bedford, NY, a small suburb about 45 minutes north of New York City. I spent most of my childhood growing up in northern California, right off of the Stanford University campus until I moved to New York about five years ago. Apart from the world of academia, I am a competitive tennis player and a die hard fan of the San Francisco Giants.

Throughout middle school I became very involved and driven to help out with Habitat for Humanity. Not only was I able to help build houses for some local fireman and community volunteers who were having a very hard time financially, but I also was part of a major flash flood disaster relief team in central Westchester county. For about 3-4 years, until I attended boarding school, I devoted about six to eight hours every other Saturday.

Even with many people helping out to build sustainable shelters for those who are less fortunate or homeless, there are still many more things we can do for for poverty stricken areas around the United States and more importantly, across the world. I look forward to finding solutions and helping out over the next semester with all of you. This is a wonderfully unique opportunity for us all to take advantage of, especially while being equipped with great resources and the knowledge of Professor Dressaire and Lorenzo. See everyone in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment